Mal,

To your last point:

> On Sep 2, 2019, at 8:55 AM, mal.hub...@bt.com wrote:
>

> Is this a problem – have I missed something – Is it worth fixing ?

Seems to me that if you want to have a home web server, then it will need to
have a registered DNS name.   This should be a stable IPv6 address.  We no
longer recommend that EUI-64 be used to create stable IPv6 addresses, see RFC
8064.

Once a DNS name is assigned, that could be used in the router’s configuration
to allow access to the web server.

Bob