On Sep 2, 2019, at 1:58 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:
> Question: do PCP messages always go to the default route?  I re-read 6887 and
> that was unclear. RFC7488 did not clarify for me.

PCP requests go to the PCP server the client chooses.   PCP servers can
currently only be advertised using DHCP.   If there are multiple PCP servers,
the client has to register with all of them.   A PCP server should know whether
it makes sense to register a port/address combination with it.

> How does it work if there are multiple layers of router?

I believe that the PCP server on the inner router communicates with the PCP
server on the outer router, but I’d have to double check.

On 05/09/2019 14:45, Ray Hunter (v6ops) wrote:
> That will likely mean regular renumbering of IA PD by ISP's as the norm
> rather than the exception.

It should be assumed to be the rule, so that if it is the rule, it is handled
correctly.

On Sep 2, 2019, at 1:47 PM, Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:
> Assuming that the prefix change is make-before-break (which we do not clearly
> know how to do on the WAN side, I think), then the web server should
> configure with the same rfc7212 IID, but a new prefix.

I don’t think there’s any need for the IID to be persistent.
Make-before-break is accomplished by deprecating the old prefix when the new
prefix is added.   This is trivial to do; whether it is in fact done is a
different matter.   I think that at present the client would have to notice
that it’s happened.