Mikael Abrahamsson <swm...@swm.pp.se> wrote:
    > This is the first time I've seen anyone make this claim (I guess
    > related to GDPR). I've gone through GDPR review and talked to others
    > who have done the same, and I from a GDPR point of view there is no
    > reason to renumber on a regular basis. From what I can tell,
    > renumbering at some frequency makes no difference from a GDPR point of
    > view. The addresses are privacy sensitive regardless if you change them
    > frequently or not.

It would be nice to get a public legal opinion published somewhere, so that
it can't be used as a marketing excuse.

    > The conclusion is that we need to create solutions that handle both
    > these cases.

Agreed, and it would be nice if it wasn't a flash renumber, which resetting
of the PPPoE session can causes.

]     m...@sandelman.ca  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [