Ted Lemon wrote on 05/09/2019 18:31:
On Sep 2, 2019, at 1:47 PM, Michael Richardson<mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>  wrote:
Assuming that the prefix change is make-before-break (which we do not clearly
know how to do on the WAN side, I think), then the web server should
configure with the same rfc7212 IID, but a new prefix.
I don’t think there’s any need for the IID to be persistent.
Make-before-break is accomplished by deprecating the old prefix when the new
prefix is added.   This is trivial to do; whether it is in fact done is a
different matter.   I think that at present the client would have to notice
that it’s happened.

Agreed.

Using RFC7217 will anyway almost certainly guarantee that the IID will also change if the prefix changes.

The prefix is included in the function that generates candidate IID's.

  RID = F(Prefix, Net_Iface, Network_ID, DAD_Counter, secret_key)

That was done to prevent tracking when people move between wifi hotspots.

--
regards,
RayH