On May 31, 2018 12:18:51 PM EDT, Dominique Devienne <ddevie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 3:44 PM Richard Hipp <d...@sqlite.org> wrote:
>
>> For many years, we have boasted that the size of the SQLite library
>is
>> "less than half a megabyte".
>>

>Given where the conversation is going, let me point out that many do
>not
>care one bit about the lib's size :)
>
>I'd much rather have an SQLite with tons of features, than forego those
>in
>the name saving a few bytes,
>to save a few bucks on the embedded chip and flash for commercial
>products
>that don't even pay for SQLite.
>
>SQLite is already amazingly small for the value it brings. And if
>people
>want "smaller", they can still stick
>with older leaner versions of SQLite too. My $0.02... --DD

I agree with this sentiment. I mostly use SQLite in PHP, where it is awkward to
customize SQLite, and all but impossible to rely on features not included in
the standard build when distributing to others. A more powerful default
configuration would be very beneficial, and a less powerful one possibly
crippling.
--
J. King