On 9/6/16, OBones <obo...@free.fr> wrote:
> Richard Hipp wrote:
>> On 9/6/16, Chris Locke <ch...@chrisjlocke.co.uk> wrote:
>>> Additionally, on the menu, the 'Download' option is not visible at all.
>>>
>> By design.  There is nothing on the Download page that is useful to a
>> mobile device.  So links to that page are omitted on mobile, to save
>> precious pixels.
>>
> Unless you use the mobile phone to download the package and then as usb
> key to place it on the final device.

My original statement above was imprecise.  I did not remove *all*
links to the Download page from mobile - just the menubar link.

The download page is still accessible.  Select "Search" on the menu
bar, type in "download" (or some other appropriate keyword, depending
on what you want to download) then press "Go".

The download page is also available via links.  For example, there is
a link to the Download page near the top of the GettingStarted page,
which is linked from the Home page.  There are eight other links to
the Download page elsewhere within the site.

Getting to Download is a few extra steps on mobile.  But coping with a
reduced pixel count is all about prioritizing information.
--
D. Richard Hipp
d...@sqlite.org