It doesnt matter what I prefer. And rather ironically a main reason I
havent done my own show is that I havent yet been able to live up to
my own standards for professional graphics, etc. So thats not what I
was ranting about. I suppose it is a combination of 'no attention-span
required' style and some of the stuff they were covering, that got me
ugly.

I do not wish such shows dissapear, or to imply that they somehow harm
vlogging, they arent my sort o thing, so what. They shoukd exist and I
should feel free to have an opinion about them, nothing dramatic, no
crusade. But a battle against greenwashing and the dumbing down or
sexing up of sustainability issues, is something I may very well go
on, at some point.

The vido Ive promised will not even just be mangling that show in
particular, I'll probably chuck in everything Ive ever seen from any
green video on the net thats ound me up. It will just be the
expression of an opinion through creativity instead of bitter words
here, it wont aim to achieve much other than to scratch an itch. For
although I spout my opinion o much, I do not place an special value in
them, I do not think humanity would be better if only it would listen
to me, or that the things that excite or horrify me must be the
central issues for mankind to think about, though it may sound like I
do sometimes I suppose.

Cheers

Steve Elbows
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "schlomo rabinowitz"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just watched it; waiting for the "high production values", thinking that
> meant some sort of lavish Bugsby Berkeley number or something, but
in the
> end found that I was watching something that was created by competent
> graphic designers, editors, and videographers.
>
> The stuff in the video wasn't neccessarily expensive, it was just
made by
> competent professionals.  I mean, it was all After Effects and
Greenscreen--
> things anyone can do.  They are just well skilled at it.
>
> Steve, would you have enjoyed the content more if the host held the
camera
> pointed to her own face?  Would that legitimize the experience?  I
> understand that the unpolished Look and Feel of online video is
something
> some people enjoy, but really, if all you money-grubbers are going
to get
> your big payday, some sort of professionalism in tone will be
needed. (this,
> of course, has nothing to do with personal videoblogging.  we are
talking
> about Shows.)
>
> anyway, just rambling.
>
> Schlomo
> http://schlomolog.blogspot.com
> http://weknowhow.tv
> http://evilvlog.com
> http://hatfactory.net
>

> On 9/5/07, Steve Watkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >   Yeah my rant wasnt ver nice, sorry about that. The production values
> > seem high, it was the nature of some of the content & style that got
> > me all wound up. But yeah, I am a big fan of how much different video
> > can coexist on the net, none of my criticisms were anything to do with
> > this show threatening anybody else. I freely admit to being a mostly
> > useless git who fails consistently to produce any shows, so I
> > certainly only have myself to blame for nobody watching - theres
> > nothing to watch!
> >
> > Shutting up is probably the best advice Ive had for a while, I'll go
> > do that for a while.
> >
> > Steve Elbows
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com
<videoblogging%40yahoogroups.com>,