> Also the no attention-span required style is what is required for
> anything that's trying to be commercial.

Ugh, I hope that isn't true. Most stuff I watch, commercial or otherwise,
requires some attention and critical thinking.

There's infinite choice immediately available competing for people's
> attention.  If you're not constantly engaging, constantly challenging
> your audience to pay attention and going so fast they need to rewatch,
> you're going to lose them.

That's definitely true about the infinite choice, but I'm not sure the
A.D.D.-ing of the world is such a great goal.

I understand it's trendy to use jump cuts and MTV-style hyperactive edits,
but it's not a necessity.  I also understand that so far, in the extremely
brief time that web video shows have been able to be called successful, many
of them use this particular style.  But that is definitely not a reason to
say it's necessary, or that you'll lose your audience otherwise.  To each
his own.

--
Adam Quirk
Wreck & Salvage