hey,

Ive got to second this. I am glad that I was not the only one who found
it offensive that Derrick and Omar got a lukewarm reaction for DJ'ing,
and an utterly confused look for the poetry(which basically nailed
everything that is wrong with American society in 5 minutes) while Rich
shows up with a 909 and a compressor and the crowd goes apeshit.

Not to hate on Rich, but Derrick May deserved alot more love from that
crowd than he got. He was playing those great afro-cuban jazz records by
the end, just so lush and deep. Hawtin was alright, it was cool to hear
Vaporspace and Lyot on a system, but he was not coming with soul like
Derrick May.

I guess we are just getting old Phred. Still, the cool thing about being
old is we can talk about Genesis PO and reference him outside of being
"that guy for modulations who invented acidhouse" :) (inside DEMF joke)

Take care,
Mike

NP Model 500 : Ocean to Ocean