i myself found derrick may's set dissappointing.  Now i have only seen him 3
times but i have never real been impressed (except for a solar night).  Granted
he did play excellent tracks, i found his actions to be as a big a diss as the
crowds lack of applause.  He spent most his set talking to people and high 5-ing
people.  His set was good but i lacked to dj skills of a so called pioneer.  I
dont really think a really even mixed many records, lots of cuts and fades, and
why dont you listen people before you maybe Rolando, kevin, and derrick were
sharing the same records.  This by far is not a diss for derrick but a voiced
dissapointement again, maybe its just me.  I also found the poet at the end
excellent and meaning fulling but i found the drum guy to be offbeat and just
plain annoying after a while how long can you proceed with the same beat, i
think he even had to start the record over again did'nt he.

Jim