si is it the same poet who did the original "jack" accapella?? Sounded almost exactly like him, someone fill me in on this...

darwin
www.sphereproductions.com
www.mannequinodd.com

From: Mxyzptlk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: John Bush <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: Cyclone Wehner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 313 Detroit <313@hyperreal.org>
Subject: Re: [313] Previous v Present turnouts in Detroit
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 17:34:02 -0500

He was also out the day earlier with the same reading plus another from The Last Poets. Trying to recall, but I think it was while we were waiting for Juan to
show up (after we were told he was on his way in the limo from Metro :-).
jeff

John Bush wrote:

> > Whoa. Poetry reading? Who had that? Over a DJ set??
>
> About three-quarters of the way through May's set, Umar Bin Hassan from the > Last Poets came on and did a spoken-word reading (no accompaniment from the
> decks).  It was well-done, but it confused quite a few people --
> unfortunately, he sounded *very* hoarse and was hard to understand...

    jeff

"10,000 people all screaming the same thing at the same time are wrong, even if
they're right."

dancing/about/architecture "...with wandering steps and slow..." ICQ904008