>trance=soulless
>
>new records worth mentioning

Well, you wouldn't catch me listening to trance but I am gonna confess that
I do have a copy of Paul Van Dyk's new one that was sent to me - and it's
horrible!

Here are my picks of good 313 related releases:

Anthony Rother's Simulationszeitalter - first-class German electro,
conceptual debut album, will appeal to fans of UR, Drexciya, Propaganda,
Kraftwerk, DJ Hell & his International Deejay Gigolo label..... I would love
to know what others make of this album.

Mr C's Mr C Presents Subterrain 100% Unreleased - exclusive new tech-house
tracks from Gene Farris, Derrick Carter, Terry Francis, Pure Science, Dave
Angel and Stacey Pullen. All mixed up. The Stacey Pullen track, Polyphonic
Destruction, is out on vinyl through End Recordings - it's actually a Kosmic
Messenger record and very funky. I can't believe no one has mentioned this
issue!

Universal Principles' Inspiration And Light - gorgeous Soma debut with deep
house, house, funk, soul and jazz sensibilities. The highlight is the 10
minute Voodoo Sun, which reminds me just a little of Jeff Mills' If - it
mixes up earthy diva scat vocals, George Benson-esque jazz guitar, deep
house vibe. I reckon you could mix it in with If, but I am no DJ. The whole
LP has a warm, live feel.

Non-techno indulgences: En Vogue's new album Masterpiece Theatre is
brilliant - a satirical send up of histrionic contemporary R&B divadom with
exaggerated vocals and classical samples, high camp R&B, love it. Then
there's Al Jarreau's comeback, Tomorrow Today, which has some nice jazzy
moments even if much of the production is too MOR for me, and also Eminem's
album, which is weird.