well, here's a simple suggestion (and I'm sure you had thought of this as well). I have been in several shops recently who don't know about new stuff coming out, and I can think of many others who wouldn't turn down another source on info, particularly if it came in one easy weekly package

Since the Submerge mailings are so rare as to be almost useless, hardwax doesn't have good reviews and the hyperreal network already has the facility set up to send out mailings. Why not put together a weekly mailing (a zine of sorts) which could be mailied out to anyone interested...shops, other zines, and mere fans... from a more international standpoint

we'd all get early info, and I'm sure you could count on most of the people from various lists to subscribe for a start... in the interests of expediency it should probably be left to a few people in each country to review the relevant records, who could be recruited through 313 (I nominate Tom Magic-feet for the UK, if he'd do it, maybe double up on the Overload reviews or something)... I'm sure with a small link on alt.techno, submerge, or hardwax the subscriptions would soon pile up and the labels would find it especially worthwhile giving promos (since it's an easy way of hitting the precise target audience)

I'm sure it's already being done somewhere, but I reckon there's enough knowledge and eloquence on this list to make it worthwhile...

I offer my services, in any capacity...

Seth

The Electric Press