I have to agree with Nathan, the very nature of experimentation is taking
something you know about (or think you know about) and fiddling with it so that
it does something different, or shows you something new.  Since experiment is a
scientific word, perhaps we should delve into what an experiment involves in
science and apply it to this situation.

In science you propose a hypothesis, then use an experiment to make conclusions
upon that hypothesis.  There are myriads of hypotheses, and therefore there
could be a great number of duplicate experiments.  This does not conclude that
each experiment is no longer experimental, since by nature of the word it is.
So it is more in the hypothesis itself that we find experimentation.  After
reading 'Zen and the art of Motorcycle Maintenance', I believe that within every
hypothesis there an infinite number of possible hypotheses which stem from that
one, all relative to the individual (for those who haven't read it, this is a
point in the book).  So go ahead and experiment, but I must agree that your
attitude towards others experimentation Jared is disheartening.
todd
[EMAIL PROTECTED]