I just have to put my $0.02 in.

                    Music = Sound + Soul

----dennis-----

From: "Anderson, Stuart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'JARED WILSON'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: [313] Techno Visual Arts + sonic boom
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:42:55 +0100

What's your opinion on influences.  Surely everyone has influences and it's
impossible to ignore them...no matter how hard you try.

All music will end up following some sort of pattern...sound I suppose is
different as there must be infinite variations, even beyond current
understanding, but the technology these days allows people to expore these
to the limit, and push the boundaries of sound further. I guess the same
goes for the execution.

My attraction to the music relates to the ability to express and conjure
feelings in the listener....why does everyone put the emphasis on making
things sound unique and unexplored.  Surely music from an individual's soul
is unique no matter if it sounds slightly similar to something else, the
real talent is entrapping the listener in to your way of thinking.