--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: > i was very intimated
during the very few times i've
> djed in public, and i'm
> still intimated when i have to prove to other djs,
> usually males, that i
> know what i'm doing. at times, i feel as if i can be
> nothing more that the
> dj whore trailing all the djs. i get really
> self-conscious when i'm the
> only female trainspotting, even though i know i only
> go to clubs to see
> djs, to watch their techniques, and to hear records
> i might want to buy.
>
> i also, i spin primarily techno in the realm of
> mills, beyer, surgeon,
> etc., and it's hard enough finding female techno
> role models who spin this
> type of techno. i haven't even found an african
> american female role model
> ever. it seems that a lot of female spin house or
> more housy techno, so i'm
> also happy to find female djs spinning more harder
> or weirder stuff.
> currently i'm not djing anymore for reasons beyond
> my control.

It all depends how much you want it. Dj Kemistry...
she wasn't into puffy commercial house. All the guys
she worked with supported her and Storm. I'm the only
detroitist in my area. In fact I'm not biased towards
detroit, I play what I like but all the djs at the old
pirate station I used to play at were djing pretty
commercial stuff (trance). It rocked 'em tho...:) It
was like me vs them in my mind... and still is cuz I'm
really a very shy person... I need to prove myself...

l8r,
Nick (Dj Pacific:)