I've followed the list for a lot more time than I've been making music.
It's an origin of some music I am very interested in. If it were just about
any kind of music from Detroit-based artists (of all kinds of music I mean)
I wouldn't be following it. My feeling is that this is a list with respect
to those roots. People of Detroit have a privilege in having a strong
localised and unique music history. I read the Techno Rebels book. I
appreciate that there is a lot of house music and soulful music enthusiasts
on the list too. It's not about one particular style or another. There's
Detroit music in the DNA. I think luminaries from Detroit and like-minded
people around the world continue to follow the list. The spirit lives on.

I identify with Detroit/313. Does that count? :)