hmmmmmmmmm

I wonder what does give someone the "right" to express an opinion?????

I think it just depends on the critic......Miles Davis hated most, liked a
few, actually one I can think of.

Do we have to make the music to truly understand and therefore critique
it?????

I wonder about this sometimes but I just try to go with my gut feeling and
get as much knowledge as posssible.
I surely don't think that critics understand the artist better than they
understand themselves but I do think that sometimes critics can offer some
insight....accurately describe what's going on....

I guess it's like anything else, you just gotta work at it, and the bottom
line is that it's purely subjective.

wanting more understanding,
Five