Good point - but PA hadn't yet been released. Odd thing, being old. I always seem to think that there is some young, mythical group of astute listeners out there who will recognize great stuff on its own merits (and yes - I know that there is a great deal of subjectivity involved in making that ostensibly objective statement about "great stuff", but go with me for a minute :-) and /or step outside their own skins to see value/connections/innovations in musical history simply by virtue of them being young or looking the part. Silly me. Maybe it's because many of my own peers while away the hours wearing out Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band "live" CDs. More likely is the fact that I'd like to believe something other than musical taste is more a matter of individuals rising beyond what is formatted for them rather than accept the fact that it is just that and has less to do with age, etc. Kant once said that most people are like "...cattle, led willingly..."
                                                        jeff

At 02:10 PM 2/3/2002, you wrote:
on 2/3/02 12:43 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I remember getting into an argument on the IDM-l with someone who couldn't
> understand why anyone into IDM would find James Brown relevant.

I hope you didn't miss the opportunity to remind them of Lassigue Bendthaus
and the covers on "Pop Artificielle".

ob313 tie-in--Carl Craig drops this on his "onsumotahasheeat" mix comp, and
the crowd at DEMF 2  went nuts when I:Cube brought "SuperBad" in to the mix.
--
im