OK guys I have been looking at the venue problem myself.
Where do you get a safe venue where you are not going to be ripped off
This has got to be a bit more than a squat party.

If its mid-week, then effectively it makes it hard for people to regularly
attend if it goes through the night even until 4.00am.
Eukatech used to do the party at the Sun and 13 Cantons, every other
Thursday, but finishing at 11.00 pm.  It was'nt quite my idea of partying
but got packed to the rafters on a few nights I went (so i stopped going
.......)

Who knows the law?
I have the impression that
a private party/strictly members only club
does not require a licence.

True/False.

(I have been looking at a potential venue for lease, (warehouse) where there
will be no noise problems,
central and can probably hold comfortably 400 people).

Problem also is you can't just rely on 313 members its just going to become
a little clique
There is a UK 'techno' board I stopped using as I realised it was just the
same small opinionated group

- we have to try and promote techno to the public and specifically the
youth.  Look at the techno scene in Belgium or Germany - the peeps who go to
Techno are young people and its kickin.  Not all 30odds which seems to be
the state here in London.

Would love an informative/authorative answer on the legal question of
licencing a venue.