And mine too:

> My tuppeny worth

I thought the film was almost awful. I'm glad they cut it down. God only
knows why such a lumbering primary school plot originally required over two
and half hours. The feeble grasp of Marxism (in the 1920s for God's sake!)
is bad enough, never mind the saccharine "love conquers all" resolution. Oh
dear. Visually, though, "Metropolis" entirely deserves it's reputation. The
robot replica was pretty techno. Mills' music is ace, but I don't think it
fitted all that well, though it worked best when it was more storming:
"Robot Replica" and the destroy the machines scene. There were a lot of
moments where I thought the music was ill timed - though it was cool to
watch a film with the soundtrack as the object of interest, and I think I
appreciate much more how much effort has to go into scores to be successful.
Scoring for a silent movie and striking the balance between subtlety and
expressing when there's no dialogue is probably even harder. I think Mills'
Metropolis comes down more on the, err, "Scarface" side of that balance :)

>From where I was sat in cheap seats, the mosh pit that developed during the
DJ set was pretty entertaining, though some charted accountant behind me
started dancing as if he'd been restraining himself all evening at this
point and whipped out one of those little light gadgets.

Matt Herbert put on a great show. Though I still liked the idea of it better
than the sound. I got one of those free cds which I've not listened to yet,
but I might do as requested and pass it on :) Super Collider, by contrast,
seemed pretty inept. I really liked the LP, but this show, IMO, was like
sitting through bad performance art set to turgid trip hop (with a weak
drummer to boot).

Oh, and it was a tremendous view from the balcony out behind the stalls.