Nice insights Forrest. I was corrected about my faulty biographical
knowledge of
Lang yesterday, and I think now it's generally agreed that the 'Marxism'
imputation (which I didn't in fact make myself) was a red Herring .... I'd
like to think that the notion that Metropolis has a an unequivocal "love
conquers
all" ending is a bit shakier too ...

...cultural discourse and criticizm on 313 ... wonders will never cease.

Peace,

Ken