On Fri, 24 May 2002, Mxyzptlk wrote:

>I doubt the vibe which permeated the air at DEMF I (which was conspicuously
>absent last year) will ever return in full force.

well, that's the past... but i feel this vibe you're talking about any
time i have the good fortune to visit (or even pass through) that
magical city.  i guess it's subjective.

anyway, get over it and start partying already.  put in earplugs and
avoid media like the plague if you don't want to listen to the bullsh*t
chatter (i highly recommend this). you're lucky people.  as are those
who you may not consider "in the know" who stumble across that spot.
don't take it for granted (again).  this is still a VERY special weekend
for music (in case you DIDN'T know).  want proof?  f*ckin open your eyes
and ears and FEEL the world around you!

i'm gonna do my best to feel it from milwaukee.  keep in mind that
negative attitudes and condescension will only bring about negative
changes... and that is a FACT.

if detroit can't pull this off, all is lost.
how romantic, hey? :P

love from milwaukee,
chad

             http://hyperreal.org/~chad