At 02:59 PM 5/24/2002, chad wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2002, Mxyzptlk wrote:

>I doubt the vibe which permeated the air at DEMF I (which was conspicuously
>absent last year) will ever return in full force.

well, that's the past... but i feel this vibe you're talking about any
time i have the good fortune to visit (or even pass through) that
magical city.  i guess it's subjective.

Certainly it's subjective, but I haven't found anyone who attended both years who doesn't know exactly what I am referring to. If you had, you would. I've lived in the area all of my life and I love the city as well, but it went beyond that. If you weren't there, you would have a hard time understanding. It's why Carl and Hannah were watching it with tears streaming. It was palpable.
Can I get a witness?

 as are those
who you may not consider "in the know" who stumble across that spot.
don't take it for granted (again).  this is still a VERY special weekend
for music (in case you DIDN'T know).  want proof?  f*ckin open your eyes
and ears and FEEL the world around you!

Just to clarify, I was quoting the language of the article which was being discussed when I mentioned those "in the know" and those not. Having been a music geek for most of my 45+ years, I am well aware of what the weekend is, thank you. I was merely following and adding to the discussion and not trying to be negative. Looking at the changes which have occurred and weighing the resultant differences is not, imo, taking it for granted or succumbing to media driven politics. I would furthermore suggest that to ignore what I have experienced, seen and FELT already would be to don a set of blinders in itself.

i'm gonna do my best to feel it from milwaukee.  keep in mind that
negative attitudes and condescension will only bring about negative
changes... and that is a FACT.

True enough. Ignoring reality and shutting down constructive discussion can also be seen as a negative attitude and that is also a fact. Because I don't see what you see does not mean my eyes are closed or I cannot "feel" accurately. Be careful of what you construe as condescension.
                                        peace.
                                                jeff