on 1/21/03 11:03 AM, Robert Taylor at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I read recently that Altern8 are still touring at "Back To The Old
> Skool"-type gatherings, still clad in masks and anoraks.

Yeah their milking Altern 8 for everything it's worth.
The 'back to the oldchool' events are kinda like what you see with 80's club
nights which are still very popular, people just go to be nostalgic
and not take the music too seriously.

on 1/21/03 10:56 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> Thats the 12 I have. Its also got the track 'Real Love' that sounds like
> Rhythim is Rhythim but with a female vocal over it. Does anybody know if Peat
> and Archer ever went back to producing techno after Altern 8?? What are they
> doing now?
>
> Stewart

I remember reading 'Stings Of Life' was a massive rave tune with the
hardcore scene back in 92".
Altern 8 did a collaboration with Inner City (after Nexus 21, Still Life)
but I forget the name of the track.
Kevin Saunderson was very much into the hard core/ break beat sound.

on 1/21/03 10:46 AM, P dircon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Oh yeah  there was a 3 track ep  with  self hypnosis  (mr whippy
> mix...always made me smile)  and a promo 12" with the original version of
> self hypnosis..which is a massive tune  fierce bassline....

That's the one where the bassline devours the mix so there is a drop off in
the high and mid range?

>> There was a 12" on R&S also with Logical Progression, and Techno City on
>> the b-side.

They also had a bleep record under the name Cyclone.