On woensdag, feb 12, 2003, at 15:57 Europe/Amsterdam, spw wrote:

Here we go with the "soul" cliché and the accusation of
trolling.
You make it seem like all the pumping loop based techno is
crap, (try telling that to Jemm Mills, Robert Hood) I was just noting the
similarities in early Detroit techno
like Wiggin and the techno you hear today, you even
hear the reverse beats.

Oh a lot of them have 909 beats so it is all the same... :) nobody said that all looptechno is crap, just 99% of it is :))

Of course there are similarities between early techno and looptechno, looptechno evolved from that music!!!

Just for the record, the big difference between looptechno and early techno is that the first one is a loop repeated over and over again and second one is actually a SONG!!! Something you can whistle on your way back from a party....

Okay this rant 5323063241 on 313 about detroit techno vs, looptechno :)

I'm talking about the techno genre whether it be Swedish
techno or Brighton techno, I'm not talking about other forms
of electronic music that you would find more soulful like
Moodyman or Broken Beat.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]