I agree, a whole night of banging loop techno is monotonous
but the techno genre has a distinctive sound, mechanical and
futuristic in nature like Juan and D. May intended with the
early Transmat records.
I can understand why some people mature out of techno not
that the music is immature it's that people become more
conservative at an old age.
This is why adult contemporary music sounds so cheesy because people's
brains go into parental mode after their sexual prime, I think this is what
you see whith artist like Carl Craig who are interested in more traditional
forms of music.