On woensdag, feb 12, 2003, at 16:34 Europe/Amsterdam, spw wrote:

UR Punisher was just one agressive bar looped but it sounded brilliant on a loud system with Jeff Mills behind the decks, this is my point about tracky
or loop based techno being DJ Tools.
The same applies to Relief records, when you hear a good DJ
spinning that stuff it all makes sense.

This is actually the most crap reply i have seen in months! Almost every piece of modern dance music has a melody bar that is repeated! This does not make it looptechno!

Every dance record must make sense over a good installation, otherwise it misses it points, every record that is played by a DJ is a DJ tool in your view!!!!

My favourite records often have
something approaching a normal pop/rock song structure, with verses,
choruses, etc. even though they are instrumentals. I think that by taking this template and extending it more emotion is squeezed into the track, although I've certainly listened to an amazing loop for an hour and gone
into a trance....not for a while though!

[EMAIL PROTECTED]