I think we should actually have a thread on this. it seems to be one of
spw's pet peeves :)

to me the answers lie in different factors:

age. let's be honest, we get old and our tastes change. some of us here were
into grind and death metal besides hard acidic techno. now we dig metro area
and theo, moodyman etc. let's say there's an evolution taking place. also,
and this is related to the age thing, a lot of us dont go clubbing as much
as we used to. those of us that used to take chemical dance enhancers
probably dont anymore, and certain types of music just dont sound the same
no more.

another factor is that 313 techno, at least to me and generally speaking, is
characterized by harmony and melodics - not just a pounding looped groove.
oh, dont interject with references to mills, hood, oldham et al., im
speaking in general terms here. there is a definite song structure there
that other types of techno just dont have. this leads to the appreciation of
the types of music that spw is singling out.

these are some of my opinions on the subject - please excuse any perceived
superficiality in my post, im at work and writing a 4 page essay on 313
users musical preferences isnt exaclty what i get paid for ;-)

btw, i agree with ken, theres either good music and bad music, regardless of
genre, type or style.

have a nice weekend all of you
fab.