yeah that's what i'm getting at. in fact track selection (brendan
mentions it at the end of the below post) is more important
to the hi-tech dj.

another thought:

from what i can gather the Rave Act in the US classifies a party with no
djs and just live acts as something other than a rave and the law is less
stringent (please correct if wrong). So is a "DJ" with a powerbook and
ableton live now a live act and not dj?

will this change things?

robin...