it has nothing to do with djs. in fact, the 'rave act' is no longer even
called that. its now the 'illicit drug anti-proliferation act'.

the law has to do with venue operations and ownership.

if someone does drugs in a club, arena, ampitheater, bar, resturaunt,
hotel... then the owner of said establishment as well as the operator,
leasee or temporary promoter can be found guilty of providing a place for
drug usage, similar in legal terms to running a crack house.

more info at-

www.drugpolicy.org  and  www.emdef.org