(1) I thought technomoshpits would never happen.   I was wrong :)

(2) The Ponch was mostly OK from my POV, but I didn't venture
above my 6th floor abode except once to visit some friends.
The patio party was right below my window and fortunately I saw
almost none of it since I only visited my room briefly between
noon and 6 am :)  However, it looked about as chee-zee as you'd
expect, although some good people like 313er DJ Nova played.

The hotel looked less trashed than last year overall.  There were
a couple idiots out in the hall around 2:30 Monday night/Tuesday
morning banging on a door and making a big fuss, but no big deal.

I usually stay at the old Best Western (currently Ambassador, soon
to be rebranded as a Holiday Inn Express but the same management),
and I'll probably just go back there again.  There are some advantages
with the Ponch but the rooms that look out up Washington Blvd
from the Ambassador are my favorite view in the city of Detroit.
And I want to watch the progress on bringing the Book Cadillac
back to life, where I stayed on my first Detroit trip in 1983 :)

fred