I think he has, artist like Jay-Z and Herbbie Hancock are well aware of who
Derrick May is, I
think Carl Craig is more popular though.
Someone told they saw highlights of the DEMF on MTV which is about as
mainstream as it gets.
Carl Craig has been featured in mainstream American magazines like Rolling
Stone on numerous
occasions, Wasnt it you that mentioned them making the cover of Urb? Urb is on
a lot of Magazine
racks.
Speaking of Rolling Stone I rember reading an article (or was it Spin?) about
Kraftwerk when they
went on tour back in the late 90's it had all the bands Kraftwerk had
influenced and Carl Craig
was up there with the likes of Devo.
These guys are not hitting the Billboard Top 40 but that doesn't mean they are
not getting
recognition for their accomplishments by the music industry.

If you still have any doubts look what's classifdied under "Popular Music" on
the CDNOW:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/103-7582885-0525427

Innovator -- Derrick May; Audio CD

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Thanks to legendary singles like "Strings of Life" and "Nude Photo," Derrick
May is universally
regarded as the definitive techno producer; by hijacking the rhythmic
sensibilities of house and
adding the intelligence of European electronica and the spirit of Motown, he
single-handedly
defined and articulated the sound of Detroit. But despite (or perhaps because
of) his status as a
"legend," nary a bleep had emerged from his studio since 1990 before the
release of Innovator, a
collection of his past work. This double CD contains the aforementioned
"Strings" and "Nude Photo"
singles as well as other classics like "It Is What It Is," "Salsa Life," and
"The Beginning," all
of which have been available only in vinyl form on May's own Transmat label.
Until he reemerges
from a self-imposed musical hiatus, your course in the spirit of Detroit begins
and ends here.
--Matthew Corwine

Customers who bought this title also bought:

*       Faces & Phases ~ Kevin Saunderson
*       Wax Trax! Mastermix, Vol. 1 ~ Juan Atkins
*       X-Mix: Transmission from Deep Space Radio ~ Kevin Saunderson
*       Classics [IMPORT] ~ Model 500
*       Clear ~ Cybotron
*       A Hundred Days Off ~ Underworld
*       Selected Ambient Works, Vol. 2 ~ Aphex Twin
*       The Beatles (The White Album) ~ Beatles
 Explore Similar Items: 9 in Music
Customers who shopped for this item also shopped for these items:

*       Mysterious Traveller ~ System 7, Derrick May
*       Deep Space ~ Model 500
*       Vol. 1 - Club Classics 10th Anniversary ~ Soul II Soul
*       Dig Your Own Hole ~ The Chemical Brothers

=====