i don't believe now is the time for labels to start increasing the cost
of vinyl....

you're right. thing is, how are they/we going to survive otherwise? e.g. if
you press 500, you got to sell them all to break even. and that ain't going
to happen because you need to send some out etc...

oh yeah i totally see it from that point of view too, so a price rise is inevitable.

the other option is to run the label and sell direct from a website (cutting out any middle men)...
maybe this will be the way forward.

bad situation really... (for small labels wanting to do this sort of thing)

so more and more of these labels are gonna have to be run as a labour of love, which not all can afford to do.

>BakerBA wrote:

Thee max I will pay for vinyl is around $10 US. With production costs and
manufacturing I do feel that leaves the artist to make enough money continue
to make music. If they have to work a job to do this then so be it. If the
mu>sic is that important to them for them to struggle then the music might
just be worth listening to. I am so glad for the downfall of the superstar
DJ.

the expectation for an artist to _have_ to get a job is unrealistic IMO (many do i know but that is not the point) ....the logical thing then is to make your name known as a dj and earn that way......the exact opposite of the above surely.

anyway, i don't really have an answer...only observations

robin...