From: FC2 Richards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>YOU ARE CRAZY IF YOU DON'T LIKE ANDRE'S DISC...
>
>Big Boi will always be the more mainstreal rapper, and Andre will
always be
>more experimental.

thats funny, i dont see anything experimental about andre's disc.
i just see weakness fronting on being "fresh" but it just sounds
boring. i mean really my main complaint with outkast has been
their attempts to please mainstream white media by being the
"weird" black rappers. i like that big boi knows his strengths
enough to still be different, but not just for difference's sake.
there was a really good article in the nytimes
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/05/arts/music/05SANN.html?8hpib
comparing the recent output of outkast and erykah badu, and they
hit the nail on the head as far as im concerned. erykah's album
crushes the outkast joint, its not even close, and its mainly
because i feel like she wasnt trying to impress anyone in making
it. anyway, outkast were undeniably better when andre wasnt
wearing feather boas and acting like a fool. do you even remember
"the player's ball" or "elevators"? "elevators" will smash
anything theyve done before or since it......

>p.s.  I had no idea that Kurt Cobain was ever cool...they weren't
even a
>good punk band...

thats because they werent really a punk band. this isnt the place
to discuss this topic, but if you heard nirvana and thought "punk
band" then you either dont know what punk sounds like, or you
didnt actually listen to nirvana. if anything they were like a
combination of indie rock's songwriting with punk's attitude and
metal's power, hardly a good example of a "punk" band.

tom

andythepooh.com