I have heard a couple of tracks that use samples of Nina Simone that are pretty
good that I don't think anyone has mentioned yet.  The Air track on the Super
Discount compilation (I have the 10" with an etienne de crecy track on the
other side) which is really lush, but which the BBC decided to play to death in
an advert for themselves :(   and there's a Thomas Brinkmann track on the Row
cd that also samples Nina.  Neither tune is a cover or anything, but I think
they are both worth checking out and use the samples with a degree of sincerity.

matt :)