----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Phonopsia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;
<313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 8:24 PM
Subject: RE: AW: (313) Derrick May quote and the Death of Techno

> I did say 'tend' to.
> Anyway, you know I don't think as much of Amp Fiddler as you do, T!

True. Don't know why I even bothered to make that point, other than that I'm
struggling to maintain my perception that the only kind of black music that
sells is of the thug/bling/begging* variety, and that it tends to be
compromised/diluted, as you say. Pop music seems to be spreading its wings,
as much as it's difficult for me to say that. I still think the music
industry is f*cked, and racist, but it's hard to maintain the (forgive me)
black and whiteness of my notions about it.

*'begging music' is a term my friend Jason coined AFAIK, to identify the
overtly desperate baby-please-take-me-back R&B that dominated in the
mid-'90s, which I find particularly irritating - as though it were the only
sort of soul that could sell at the time.

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk
[EMAIL PROTECTED]