From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>Except that Felix was one of the main instigators of the
electrofad. Not
>the 'token black' in an all white scene. Nevermind the fact that
Felix
>(like virtually all of the first wave of Detroit techno) was
mostly
>inspired by European music made by white people.

QUIT TRYING TO PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH. my point was that he got
press as a result of a movement that was decidedly white faced. if
it was all black artists, there would have been no press in the
first place.

>I find it truly pathetic that you would be so dismissive of a
black
>artists because he worked with white people. Felix should be
>applauded fro being colorblind.

i havent dismissed anything. i am not making value judgements on
the quality of music made by white people vs black people. i didnt
like felix's music either, but it had nothign to do with his
color.

>As for those musicians who keep their
>immediate community all black- KDJ anyone- maybe they should
approach
>black magazines for reviews. Except, we've alreaddy established
that the
>dominant black culture isn't interested, so now it go to the
white owned
>outlets and then cry racism when its not picked-up.

its about any mass media, white or black, having
certain "Acceptable" genres of music for black people to make and
listen to. this is bad.

tom

andythepooh.com