That just looks like a load of gas to me.
I think he's being slightly disingenuous here - he wants to promote his DVD -
fine - but he's in danger of disappearing up his own arse

-----Original Message-----
From: Klaas-Jan Jongsma [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 10:42 AM
To: Klaas-Jan Jongsma
Cc: Robert Taylor; [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Brendan Nelson; Ken Odeluga; 313
Subject: RE: (313) Mills

On Tuesday, March 02, 2004, at 11:39AM, Klaas-Jan Jongsma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, March 02, 2004, at 11:17AM, Robert Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
>>I can see the point of a commercially available DVD; I just didn't see the
>>point of him using the DVD in a club, unless he's getting RSI and needs the
>>odd break. Or is it blatant self-promotion?
>
>In an interview from 2002 John did with Mills for technotourst.org he said the
>following about why he uses images:

whoops wrong quote, this is what i wanted to cut 'n paste here:

"You just mentioned disappearing and reappearing. At Sonar I saw you disappear
at some point, but the music kept playing and there were images of you playing
records. I was pretty confused by that. Was that done on purpose or did you
just need to go to the loo?

(laughs) No, that was on purpose. It was designed so that at one point the film
would take over. At a certain point there was no need for me to be on the
stage. Once the film took over I left and stood on the side and watched for my
cue to come back up and take over from the film. That was like a test as well,
to see if the people would be able to continue on with the party if say
something was simulated. That was an experiment. I don't think it worked out so
well because the venue was so large that the people in the middle or the back
couldn't see anyway. We tried it once before in Tokyo and it was the same
thing. At first the people were confused, they didn't understand where I had
gone, but the music was still playing and there was still this image of me
playing on the screen. What I had hoped to get from that was the indication
that the people wouldn't mind dancing to an image and that would lead us into
this holograph thing where at a certain point they would actually be dancing to
a simulation of myself or multiple DJs."

http://technotourist.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=19

Note:

Any views or opinions are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent
those of Channel Four Television Corporation unless specifically stated. This
email
and any files transmitted are confidential and intended solely for the use of
the
individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this
email in
error, please notify [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Thank You.