On Mar 22, 2004, at 10:36 AM, Gary Girard wrote:
i'd have loved to see Kraftwerk at movement tho

I was thinking it would be the ultimate way to close Sonar.

They already did that - in 1998.

well initially i thought it was a shame and that the figure was steep.

but $100000 isn't _that_ much compared with how much you could pay a
big DJ for New Years Eve.

I'm going to surmise that because Goldenvoice (Coachella festival
promoters) probably paid them what they were asking, they probably
figured "Oh, Movement, another festival, we'll ask the same amount".

What's ironic to me is that if you go to Kraftwerk.COM, you'll
notice a lot of updates to it - there's interactive "pages" (if
you will - it's all Flash) for lots of the well-known songs, and
there's also a link called "Photo".  Click on it and there's only
*ONE* photo.  Guess where it's taken?

On the other hand, if it costs (<*waves hands in the air*>) $2.1
million to put on the festival without Kraftwerk, and $2.2 million
to put it on with them, wouldn't it have been worth it to spend
the extra bucks???  I really wish Derrick May had tried harder -
they're touring this year, it really was probably their only
chance to get them for Movement, ever.  (As for "Mr. Eno" - is
he out of his mind?  Eno never plays live.  Maybe he'd come to
give a lecture ... )

        - Greg