The one thing that has surprised me about this thread is this...
HALF OF YOU NEVER OWNED A COPY OF FOUR JAZZ FUNK CLASSICS?

or worse, like me, you bought the first time, played it for 10 years, then LOST your original, now i'm going to fork it over for a repress. :P Life ain't fair. But honestly i was so sure I'd never own it again at eBay prices, I'm pretty happy I can mix with it again at all. How about this line: "approved by 66 for interplanetary disco dancing"

I share JT's pain about the blatant cash-in, it seems silly, I applaud you for taking a stand. In my case I am willing to pay for it because I need/want/love to mix with this record and so much of other current crap pales in comparison to this gem. It's like not having a favorite color available to paint with. i'd gladly skip 2 other lesser new imports. It's all a matter of justification to myself, but I'd rate as one of my top 20 detroit techno records. Does that justify how Planet E decided to price it? Not really, but they placated an addict like me. It's like the friggin methadone program.

Now as for rare, who got the glow-in-the-dark 69 t-shirt that came out about the same time as the original ? Well hey - it doesn't matter much cause you can't put a needle on it and hear great tunes!

Exploitably yours,
--
Matt MacQueen
http://SonicSunset.com