The parallels are pretty similar here- when I first got into buying vinyl it was around 1986/87 and there was a serious amount of classic jazz being reissued on Blue Note and other labels- it lead me to a lot of musical gems I would never have had the opportunity to experience otherwise. I'm hoping that a whole load of kids about 18-20 discover 4 Jazz Funk Classics, Relics, Night+Da etc, etc and find them as exciting and fresh as I did when they first came out.

The danger lies when the artists concerned aren't producing much new work of worth and rely on their back cat to support them and their reputation- this certainly happened in the Jazz field in my opinion- hope it doesn't happen in Techno.

cheers

Jason