Well, it's been a while since we had a good techno party in Manchester, so
I was looking forward to this one.

Arrived about 11.30 to the sound of Daz Quayle dropping some electro bits
to get everybody warmed up.
Claro Intelecto came on soon after, not much gear, just a laptop, a simple
midi controller keyboard and a mixing desk.

He played for quite a while (an hour or so), and, as I'm unfamiliar with a
lot of his tracks, I can't name them I'm afraid.

He was good, really tight, alot of the sounds he uses sounded great through
the club system and he seemed to have the crowd eating out of his hands for
pretty much the whole hour. My only problem with Claro Intelecto is that
alot of his tracks just seem to have something missing. The sounds are
there, the production's great, but most of them leave me a little cold. I
think they just miss that raw emotional element sometimes, there's nothing
that really makes my spine shiver if you know what I mean. However, I think
I'm pretty much alone in this opinion, everyone else that I speak to has no
bad words to say about him. I agree that he's really good, I dunno, just
some tracks don't do it for me.

He did though play about 3 outstanding tracks which definitely caught my
ear. I recognised one from the e.p with the blue cover that came out on AI
- not sure of the title. All in all, an excellent show, something pretty
unusual for an electronic artist....

Claro finished off, and Burnley's finest, 'DJ Miles' !! stepped up, opening
with Theo's "Dance Of the Drunken Drums", then playing Carl Craig's mix of
Cesearia Evora over the top of it for about 5 minutes rocking the
eq's/fader all the way. Miles was super tight and had bought out his box of
classics...... Kdj 30 soon followed, and Miles tore the place up from
there, dropping Rhythm Is Rhythm, UR, the works. Think he finished up with
Q1.1 to welcome Scion on to the stage.

Rene and Pete stepped up, again with a pretty minimal set-up - 2 Apple
laptop's, midi boxes etc. The muffled bassline of Cyrus "Inversion" came
rumbling through the speakers and we were off in a journey of "Rhythm &
Sound". I think they did around 2 hours, and I never felt bored once.
Pretty amazing really when you think that all they have to work with is 12
records... I don't remember a great deal, only a massive re-work of
Quadrant "Infinition". They seemed to use the bass-lines and rhythm
patterns independantly and then layer over the synth/hook lines making the
'new' tracks instantly recognisable. I think they were also using quite a
few loops of their own as well for beats etc.  Really great, even better to
hear all those tracks on a big system.

The only other thing I remember is that they both looked sooo 'german'!!
they also did kraftwerk's trick of just standing behind their laptops,
hardly moving an inch.

The 2 (?) hours they were on flew by, the crowd lost in the deep sound of
the channel. They went off to rapturous applause, and Miles played a few
more records (more 'glitchy type electro stuff this time - some of his own
stuff as well) and finished off with UR's Final Frontier.

All in all, probably the best selection of techno music that a club in
Manchester has seen for many years. and I wasn't even that drunk
either.....

Alex

Shout's to all the 313 heads in attendance, nice to see you all!

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring