On Mon, 10 May 2004 08:56:06 -0400 "Odeluga, Ken" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The tracks grab you immediately and that's a real talent. However, not only
> are you right to suggest there is an overlaying cold and clinical feel to
> his music - I feel that too - I also find that it somehow seems to lack
> quirkiness and is a little bit predictable, in a sort of mechanistic
> way.

Obviously the tracks just lack some soul and depth.

Even though the first impression was quite amazing and the tracks fit perfectly
in a mix, they don't really fit for home listening - they become boring too
fast. Might be a general problem of this "genre", because it has happened to
almost all records in similar vein, even for the very recommended Ben Milstein
on Outside.

The only exception that comes into my mind is the latest Bitstream on modern
love. Also downright spooky, but still warm sounding and at least the
scratching makes it feel alive.