From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org

Obviously the tracks just lack some soul and depth.

Even though the first impression was quite amazing and the tracks fit perfectly in a mix, they don't really fit for home listening - they become boring too fast. Might be a general problem of this "genre", because it has happened to almost all records in similar vein, even for the very recommended Ben Milstein
on Outside.

Me:

Some names I've been meaning to check there. (Milstein, Bitstream) but I'd disagree hat CI's tracks lack 'soul' - without wanting to go down the route of defining soul, I prefer the word 'warmth' - and that they become boring. I do think they're clinical - in a neat and tidy way, maybe too much so, but they are expressive. I find 'em warm. Don't get me wrong, for me the good points outweigh the shortcomings. Despite writing a fair bit about what the music lacks I still think this: including that it hits you in a visceral and exciting way and makes you want to dance - which is the main aim I think - whilst not insulting your intelligence.