that means I come from the bromley croydon south london essex counties area :)

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Neil Wiernik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Sent: Tue 25/05/2004 03:15
        To: 313@hyperreal.org
        Subject: Re: (313) why lie on your bio (Tim Baker)

        yeah I even know a certain toronto dj who does this so that all the
flyers
        for this djs gigs in europe says detroit and this dj isnt even american,
        this djs only connection to detroit is that they lived in windsor for a
        year. I dont know thats like me saying Im from san fransico because I
        lived there for a while, or thats like saying Im on context records
        becasue Im friends with some of them. know what I mean?

        On Mon, 24 May 2004, Dennis DeSantis wrote:

        > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
        >
        > > So it should read John Doe grew up in the Suburbs of Detroit in Ann
Arbor.

        > But they just don't.  There's a huge precedent for this.  I don't know
        > why it is, but the area casually called "Detroit" extends much farther
        > than comparable metro areas in other parts of the country.
        > It's just the way it is, and it has nothing to do with cashing in on
the
        > Detroit appeal.  My grandma would say it too (although she's actually
        > from Detroit ;)
        >

        > --
        > Dennis DeSantis
        > www.dennisdesantis.com