----- Original Message -----
From: "matrix313" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> wasnt Malcolm X called "Detroit Red" in his younger days, even though he
was
> from Lansing, Michigan? "Lansing Red" somehow just doesnt carry the same
> weight nor street appeal :^) but Lansing is a LONG way from Detroit.
> must have something to do with the fact that Detroit is the only major
> metropolis in the state of Michigan and the only city others around the
> country (or world) know by name in this state.

when i chat with folks on soulseek i tell them i'm from lansing, mi. an hour
northwest of detroit. now i guess i can just say detroit, since i started
moving my belonging to hamtramck last weekend, yea i know its not detroit.

malcolm also live in mason mi. after his father was murdered.

which i think has more to do with the detroit red tag, he hated lansing.

but then lansing like flint have something incomon with detroit, the
automotive industry. so in that since they are one with GM.

scotto
lansing, mi. --->>> hamtown

slsk: plaztikjezuz