of course it's all relative - but I do think that it'll come to an end soon,
because a new generation is coming that does not value and sanctify vinyl like
we do.  Or it'll go up into stratospheric prices.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 July 2004 13:42
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: RE: (313) what's the most people are willing to pay for
records?

>I'd refuse to pay more than $100 on any record, but then I'm not really a
collector. I can understand why people >want them, it instills some sense
of completism. I recently sold Radiohead's 1st 12" on ebay and got $300 for
it - >far more than I had expected - the buyers were rabidly outdoing each
other - and the record itself isn't even that >great. Ridiculous.

Well, you say that, but surely it's all relative?

If you have $300 disposable income to spare, and you're badly wanting that
record - why not pay $300 for it? You won't miss the cash, and you get the
record you want.

A hypotetical Q. Toby, say you were earning say, £50000 a year and had lots
of money, would you still set your limit at 100, or would it be higher?

It's just like football players if you ask me. Their value is different to
different parties. (according to how much cash the party has etc).

errr. I think.

Alex

behalf of PricewaterhouseCoopers.

telecommunications systems. By replying to this e-mail you
give your consent to such monitoring