It's interesting to see what people in Detroit might regard as 'Detroit
Techno' isn't it? One problem is that as far as I can understand, the time,
in Detroit, when masses of clubbers (of a broad age range, perhaps) go out
to clubs and listen to 'techno' of any variety, appears to have passed. FOr
club music, house and of course hip-hop rules at the moment, I think it's
safe to say. This is just what I hear.

But, I'm told, there was never a time when the more 'breakbeat' stuff -
basically this is 'electro', but not exclusively so - was *not* more popular
than 'techno'. Even more blurring the edges of this, is that there was and
still is to an extent a tendency for many in Detroit to call what we call
electro, techno as well! :-)

(Please remember that all my impressions are second-hand. I haven't been out
in Detroit in over a decade.)

People I would humbly request to pipe-up on this topic are Ian Cheshire, and
Greg Earle :-)

Peace,

Ken