So let me throw this question into the group then:

If you wanted to reach a younger, less-educated crowd with the intention of giving them some insight in the history of the music, how would you go about?

umm do a mix cd of older italo and chicago/acid house with some current (from the less noisey end of things) electroclash and market it at that crowd? (i think output and that lot are doing that tho...is it working? london people might know)

i think a lot of electrodisco etc etc would appeal to some tranceheads too. the obvious example cos of the heritage of the producers is unit 4 'bodydub'. i think if a lot of the people into trance could hear mathew jonson in a club they might be swayed too. (can you tell i have friends who are into trance? :) )

i'm speaking of a UK angle tho (and i'm in my 30s so wtf would i know about what the kids are into, ask alex he's down :) ), this may differ wherever you are in the world.

robin...